Here you can find information and documentations about the 'Institut of Numerical and Applied Mathematics'. This page is supposed to become the focal point for gaining information (inclusive internal announcements, statistics etc.). Everybody having a GWDG-account can log in and help editing the webpages.
The intranet is also reachable via the link "Intranet" in the footer of the NAM-homepage.
Contact: if serious problems occur or suggestions/wishes are to be made, please generate a new ticket under Issues -> new Issue or write an e-mail to email@example.com.
Occupancy rate of licences¶
On this computers external logins can be performed and data can be transferred from/to your home directory. Login via ssh or X2go.
These computers are supposed to be used for scientific calculations. Login via ssh or X2go.
server for sage/python/haskell/julia¶
there exist a server where you can use sage, python, julia and haskell online with your student or staff account:
- ssh -X (with X-forwarding, starting programs with GUI is possible)
- client for windows: putty
- for windows: winscp
- graphical login
- directly at the computer
Accounts, data exchange and configuration¶
New account registration¶
Before you can get a user-account you need a StudIT-account. In order to be able to use our services you need to perform an initial login on one of the cip pool computers and follow the instructions displayed.
- Change password: https://idm.gwdg.de
- Backups and quota
- User-Homepages and UniVZ-API
Communication: Emails, Groupware, videocalls¶
- Email calendar and addressbook of the Uni(Exchange-server)
- OfflineIMAP or: How to save my mails in addition to Thunderbird?
- Signed and encrypted Emails or: How to get a SSL-Certificate?
- InstantMessenger (XMPP)
- Project management: Among other things: Wiki and svn/git server-help.
- Jitsi: Audio/Video calls (alternative to Skype)
- sshfs (scp/rsync)
- Samba (Data access for Windows/ Mac). Access on the P-drive of the GWDG
- GWDG Owncloud
- GWDG Cloud-Share (!PowerFolder; Alternative to Dropbox)
- GWDG gitlab: git server (like github)
- Repomanager: svn - Server (deprecated)
Here you can find information for the printing system
Remote Desktop (login and compute)¶
scientific Calculation (compute)¶
- The computers c3-c6 are equipped with CUDA-ready video cards and the correspondent software. GL-Software can be executed via VirtualGL remotely.
- Installed Software
- Configuration of the client-computers (laptops). Especially characteristics because of the synchronization with the Fileserver.
- nix package manager seperate package manager which has several advanced features
General stuff and miscellaneous¶
- Work on your Pdfs with Okular
- Scan: The multifunctional devices in the main office and next to the library can scan and send the result as a PDF to an email-address.
In the main office, a beamer and the wacom tablet can be borrowed for the use in the seminar rooms or one of MN67, MN68 or MN55. A manual of how to use the wacom tablet can be found wcom.pdf.
Bureaucracy und organizational stuff¶
- firstname.lastname@example.org : All users possessing an email-account.
- email@example.com : Doctorands
- firstname.lastname@example.org : staff
- email@example.com : technical staff
- firstname.lastname@example.org : scientific staff
- email@example.com : professors
The staff portal and forms of the university can be found here: https://intern.uni-goettingen.de/ (Hint: PDF-forms nowadays can be edited and saved with okular as well as with evince. On the Terminal-Server the Foxit-Reader is also installed and has the same features as the afore mentioned tools).
Formcenter of the university (completing fomrs online)¶
Besides the staff portal there exists a 'form center' of the university where forms can be completed directly in the browser.
The following forms are accessible right now:
- Extentions of 'Hiwis'
- 'Dienstreiseantrag' (Form to be granted a work related travel)
- 'Parkberechtigungsantrag' (Form to be granted parking permissions)
- 'Dienstreiseabrechnung' (Billing of a work related travel)
and can be accessed via http://eforms.uni-goettingen.de:8080/lip/authenticate.do
In the staff portal a link to the formcenter can also be found (named 'Workflowcenter').
- Event-calender (ICS): http://firstname.lastname@example.org/Kolloquium/calendar.ics
- List of calendars concerning the MI and the faculty: http://intranet.uni-math.gwdg.de/mediawiki/index.php/Kalender